In the Press
Research shows NMSU's Math Snacks games improve student learning (KRWG TV, June 23, 2016)Research on learning gains documents effectiveness of Math Snacks games and related inquiry-based activities on learners' understandings of ratios, coordinate plane, and number systems.
NMSU Games Lab's latest app strikes gold (Las Cruces Sun-News, July 24, 2016)Night of the Living Debt, our financial literacy game, wins Gold at the International Serious Play conference
Learning Games Lab releases Virtual Labs for iPad (Grant County Beat, December 2, 2016)Eight modules let students explore laboratory techniques and concepts important in many scientific disciplines, including food science, without the need for a physical laboratory.
NMSU Media Productions develops outreach materials on water management (Las Cruces Sun-News, January 29, 2017)We are part of a prestigious integrated USDA-National Institute of Food and Agriculture project to explore the safe use of nontraditional irrigation water on food crops.
- Jon Boren: Extension Service offers STEM, health education opportunities to youth (Featured in the Las Cruces Sun-News, Feb 10, 2014)
- NMSU promotes STEM-learning through Learning Games Lab 'think tanks' (Featured in the Las Cruces Sun-News, June 22, 2013)
- NMSU Learning Games Lab offers free apps (NMSU News, December 21, 2012)
- NMSU Learning Games Lab (NMSU News video, September 5, 2013)
- NMSU Games Lab Director Offers Holiday Game-Buying Tips (PDF) (Las Cruces Sun-News, November 25, 2009)
- Video Games Get Kids Off Sofa (PDF) (Las Cruces Sun-News, April 14, 2008)
- The Game Master (PDF) (NMSU Research and Resources magazine, April 2006)
- Grading Games: NMSU lab utilizes youth to test video game products (Las Cruces Sun-News, July 14, 2006)